EOSC welcomes the participation of service providers that will contribute to develop EOSC into a rich environment offering a wide range of services and resources for researchers.
The EOSC will be Europe’s virtual environment for all researchers to store, manage, analyse and re-use data for research, innovation and educational purposes. EOSC is intended to set off the ground by federating existing scientific data infrastructures and digital infrastructures for data exploitation that are now spread across disciplines and EU member states. This will make access to scientific data and other scientific outputs easier and more efficient.
Why join as a provider?
By contributing your services and resources to the EOSC portal, you can:
- Choose to advertise them on the EOSC Portal and promote their adoption outside your traditional user groups, reaching a wider user base.
- Get statistics about access requests and customer feedback
- Get a free online platform where you can manage service requests, interact with users and provide support to them, and agree the most suitable service levels.
- Allow users to authenticate with their own credentials to access your services and resources and get support to enable this.
- Contribute to the definition and maintenance of EOSC service provisioning policies and the portfolio roadmap.
- Join the group of providers that meet EOSC quality standards.
Services and resources of the EOSC Portal are provided and maintained by different providers under a variety of licenses. To become a provider we require that:
- The service is accessible by users outside its original community.
- The service is described through a common template focused on value proposition and functional capabilities.
- At least one service instance is running in a production environment available to the user community.
- Publish Research data is Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable [reference to FAIR].
- Release notes and sufficient documentation are available.
- Helpdesk channels are available for support, bug reporting and requirements gathering.